Saturday, March 22, 2008

Stupid for music

Three of my favorite songs in the universe are performed by Marshall Crenshaw: "Whenever You're on My Mind," "Cynical Girl," and "Someday, Someway." ("Mary Anne" is also incredibly awesome and catchy and actually stuck in my head at the moment, but for some reason I don't have the same emotional attachment that I have to the other songs) I got to see Marshall perform them all at the Iron Horse last night. Just him, with a guitar. Earlier in the day, I got to chat with him when he stopped by my radio station for a little chat. There's a picture somewhere, which I'll post when I get it.

It was lovely, taking a sonic bath in the music I love. But I take it a little too far. Because instead of coming home and going to sleep like a sane person, I have to stay up and listen to Roxy Music and the Cocteau Twins. I'm just stupid that way.

No comments: