Saturday, January 24, 2009

Some local economic stimulus action...

...my people call it "Saturday."

"Hey! The sun's out! The temperature consists of more than one digit! Let's walk into town!"

We missed out on getting to the bank in time, because I am full of fail. But we did finally get to check out the used bookstore we pass every day. We could have easily walked out with much more than we did, but I reminded myself of a magical place called "the library." Still, I like to support local bookstores.



Then it was time for lunch. Our goal for several weeks has been to try this new Mexican place. The inside was cheery...



...and I could have stayed for hours, reading my book...


...and drinking tamarind soda...

(which, much like Ikea cola, didn't taste at all how I expected; but, unlike Ikea cola, it was a pleasant surprise.)

How was the food? Not bad. Josh liked his burrito. It's pretty authentic for New England. I wish the tacos had used shredded chicken, instead of chunks. And I'm wishing I'd been a little more adventurous and tried something different, instead of sticking to my usual tacos.

Not this adventurous, though. 'Cuz yeah...that's on the menu.

No comments: